EVENT: THE SINGAPORE LIFE X
NSR BIKES X BIKEZILLA MASS RIDE
A BIKEZILLA MASS RIDE FOR URBAN WHEELS 2018 – THE CITY CHALLENGE 2
It's time for another Bikezilla Ride! This time we ride the city! As a lead-up for the coming Urban Wheels 2018 – The City Challenge 2 at *SCAPE Orchard Road, we would be doing our first Bikezilla Mass Ride Street. Read the details and join the RIDE!
FIRST STREET MASS RIDE
For our first Bikezilla Mass Ride Street, we want to enjoy the city lights and the connectors that link the cools spots. It will be a leisurely Friday evening ride where the main aim is to have fun and enjoy the company of friends. To make this ride more memorable, we would be having Bikezilla Mini Games with prizes courtesy of NSR Bikes! We are expecting a chill evening ride with lots of laughter. Get ready!
Date: Friday, 5th January 2018
Meeting Venue: Stadium Boulevard McDonald's Car Park (Address: 200 Stadium Boulevard, Singapore 397726) Please refer to map below.
Time: 8.00 pm – 12.30am
Ride Route: Stadium Boulevard McDonald's – Sports Hub Singapore – Nicoll Highway – Singapore Flyer – Asian Civilization Museum -Central Fire Station – Plaza Singapura – *SCAPE Orchard
- 8.00 pm Assemble at Stadium Boulevard McDonald's Car Park (Address: 200 Stadium Boulevard, Singapore 397726) (Ed: This is the spot with a big car park and commonly known as "Kallang McDonald's" facing a KFC outlet)
- 8.15 pm Attendance and T-shirt distribution
- 8.30 pm Safety Briefing and Group Detailing
- 9.00 pm Group Photo & Flag Off
- 10.00 pm Headcount at Singapore Flyer
- 10.35 pm *SCAPE Orchard
- 10.40 pm Refreshment and Mini Games
- 12.30 am Event ends
- Registration via Bikezilla Facebook Event Page
- Assemble at Stadium Boulevard McDonald's and ends at *SCAPE Orchard
- Safety and Indemnity briefing will be conducted before the ride. (All participants will need to fill up an Weaver & Indemnity form before ride)
- Ride route is approximately 8 km of leisure ride. (estimate)
- Ride groups will be led, guided and swept by Bikezilla personnel.
- Only names that are registered with us, with completed contact details and indemnity form signed will be regarded as participants of the Bikezilla Mass Ride.
- Participants are reminded to ride within their physical fitness and technical expertise limits only
- During Street Rides, for the purpose of ensuring safety, all particpants would be assigned to smaller groups of 5 riders
- Riders will need to ride with the group mates and look out for each others' safety during the ride
NB: For riders below 18 years old, please remember to get your parents or guardian to acknowledge your participation. This is important. Those who are below 18 years old and did not get their Weaver & Indemnity Form acknowledged by an authorised person would be deemed unofficial participants of the event and would not be able to participate in our games or entitled to any event giveaways. Thank you for your attention. Please print your indemnity form here.
For those who joined us in previous Mass Rides, you would remember how crazily fun the Mini Games went. Let's do it in the city this round!
Should a rider encounter technical difficulties, Bikezilla riders will try their best to help solve the problem. Problem solving is limited to whatever resources we have on site. In the case of a flat tyre, Bikezilla riders will give time for rider to change his/her own tyre tube(s). Those who do not know how to change a tyre's inner tube would be given on-site training, but participant(s) would be expected to change their own inner tube.
NB: Do remember to bring the right tools for street rides.
RIDER'S SKILL REQUIREMENT
Riders with average or above riding experience. Basic knowledge of commuter cycling is an advantage.
PARTICIPANTS TO BE EQUIPPED WITH THE FOLLOWING
Protective armor (optional)
Water bottle to mount on bike or hydration backpack
Spare tube for their bike with basic tools (right tools for the bikes please)
Money for basic expenses and emergencies
Mobile Phone (where applicable)
OTHER SAFETY ISSUES
Street riding is absolutely fun. At the same time, there are certain risk involved. We would urge all riders to observe safety for themselves, fellow riders as well as the general public and the traffic.
Bikezilla lead riders would adopt the role of route ushers, safety personnel and riding discipline guides. Give them the support guys. We promise the event will not be a "school excursion".
As we will be riding a combination of roads, park connectors and small streets, we will be strict with the observance of safety and traffic rules. We would appreciate experienced riders to look out for the well-being of the less experienced ones.
In the event of bad weather, we will announce the cancellation or alternate plan via our website and social media
We may postpone the ride to the following week or a date set by the organizer.
THE BIKEZILLA STREET RIDE T-SHIRT
The FREE T-Shirts are given based on Event Page registration's first-come-first-serve. But that should not be the determinant for you to ride or not ride with us. Everybody is welcome to join us!
SEE YOU AT THE RIDE!
Besides the very loyal and supportive mass ride regulars, we wish to see the regular trail faces join us at our mass ride too. Break away from your usual routine and join in the fun with us. RIDE SOON!
REGISTER FOR MASS RIDE HERE!
We thank Singapore Life, NSR Bikes and Mediacorp OOH Media for their support in making the first Bikezilla Mass Ride Street possible.In addition, we also thank Tiong Hin Co. and Cyclogy for their continous support with Bikezilla.
REGISTER FOR URBAN RACE 2018
The Mass Ride is just the beginning for more fun to come. Join the various Urban Wheels 2018 clinics, workshops and the main race event on 20th – 21st January 2018!
REGISTER NOW! For Urban Wheels 2018
All photos by Bikezilla
All event information by Urban Wheels
URBAN WHEELS 18 RACE REGISTRATION: https://tinyurl.com/urbanwheels2018
URBAN WHEELS CLINICS & WORKSHOPS REGISTRATION: https://www.eventbrite.sg/e/urban-wheels-the-city-challenge-2-tickets-40929184292