EVENT: SINGAPORE BIKE SHOW X BIKEZILLA MASS RIDE 2
A LONGER RIDE WITH AN ADDED MINI CHALLENGE
The first round of The Singapore Bike Show X Bikezilla Mass Ride was designed to cater to all levels of riders. For Round 2, it's time to up the level – before the more advanced riders get bored of our mass rides. We are gonna do a moderate to brisk pace at Bukit Timah MTB Trail followed by our very first STRAVA TIME TRIAL at Chestnut South MTB Trail. And in good ol' Bikezilla tradition, expect a FREE kick-ass T-shirt and some dope prizes. Read on for details!
BACK WITH ROUND 2!
We're back! This round, we want more saddle time, and a little bit more challenge.
What are we expecting from this mass ride? A moderate to brisk paste ride in Bukit Timah MTB trail to warm the group up, follow by our very first STRAVA Time Trail at Chestnut South MTB Trail. With this ride route, we would be able to get a good workout first, followed by a mini challenge that requires our best. In short, a need for some endurance from the rider – similar to the Enduro race we witnessed recently happening around the same location. For those who did not join the recent Singapore Open Enduro 2017, this is your chance to sample the feeling of going from a Liaison Stage to a Special Stage, and then getting yourself into race mode, albeit in a fun way.
As a lead-up to The Singapore Bike Show which will be happening from 18 – 20 August 2017, this ride also features a host of sponsors: Bike Continent, Tiong Hin, Bike 31 and NSR Bikes who came out with the prizes for the STRAVA Time Trial at Chestnut South MTB Trail.
Date: Saturday, 1st March 2017
Meeting Venue: Chestnut Point, Chestnut Nature Park (along Chestnut Avenue)
Ride Route: Chestnut North MTB Trail
Time: 8.00 am
- 8.00 am Assemble at Chestnut Trail Point Amphitheatre
- 8.15 am Attendance and T-shirt distribution
- 8.45 am Safety Briefing
- 9.00 am Group Photo & Off to Bukit Timah MTB Trail
- 10.30 am All to complete Bukit Timah MTB Trail and assemble at Chestnut South Trailhead
- 10.45 am First rider starts his STRAVA Time Trial Chestnut South MTB Trail round
- 11.45 am Cutoff time for STRAVA Time Trial
- 12.00 am Results announcement at Chestnut Point and refreshment
- 12.30 pm Event ends
* Time started are approximation and serve as a guide only. For participants who need to leave early, please inform one of the Bikezilla riders.
- Registration via Bikezilla Facebook Event Page
- Assemble at designated trail head only
- Safety and Indemnity briefing will be conducted before the ride. (All participants will need to fill up an indemnity form before ride)
- Chestnut North MTB is approximately 4 km of easy ride. (estimate)
- Ride groups will be led, guided and swept by Bikezilla personnel.
- Only names that are registered with us, with completed contact details and indemnity form signed will be regarded as participants of the Bikezilla Mass Ride.
- Participants are reminded to ride within their physical fitness and technical expertise limits only
STRAVA TIME TRIAL RULES
- All particpants to the STRAVA Time Trial MUST complete one round of Bukit Timah MTB Trail first to be eligible.
- Each participant will get ONE chance for ther time trial only. (Be a good sport)
- No short-cuts at Bukit Timah MTB Trail and Chestnut South MTB Trail. (It's a casual time trial … – so let's have a gentleman's agreement on this.)
- There is no closure of trail as this is a casual time trial game for the participants. As such, basic trail etiquette must be adhered to at all times.
- Time trial is based on a what-you-see-is-what-you-get system with regards to trail conditions, trail traffic or personal or bike issues. (No complains on being blocked or trail condition wasn't up to your expectations etc etc)
- Ride your best but maintain a chillout attitude. This is not a real race.
Should a rider encounter technical difficulties, Bikezilla riders will try their best to help solve the problem. Problem solving is limited to whatever resources we have on site. In the case of a flat tyre, Bikezilla riders will give time for rider to change his/her own tyre tube(s). Those who do not know how to change a tyre's inner tube would be given on-site training, but participant(s) would be expected to change their own inner tube.
RIDER'S SKILL REQUIREMENT
Riders with GOOD trail riding experience. Sorry guys, this round we do not encourage beginners as we will only have one single ride group, as opposed to our previous rides where we split into groups with different pace. Riders are expected to know Bukit Timah MTB Trail and the Central Catchment Area Trails well.
PARTICIPANTS TO BE EQUIPPED WITH THE FOLLOWING
Protective armor (optional)
Water bottle to mount on bike or hydration backpack
Spare tube for their bike with basic tools
Money for basic expenses and emergencies
Mobile Phone (where applicable)
In the event of very bad weather, we will announce the cancelation via our website and social media
We will then postpone the ride to the following week or a date set by the organizer.
SINGAPORE BIKE SHOW 2017 X BIKEZILLA T-SHIRT
As stated earlier, this is the second part to The Singapore Bike Show 2017 X Bikezilla Mass Ride. This special Free-of-Charge T-shirt will feature a brand new never-been-released Bikezilla artwork!
AND THERE'S MORE! (AGAIN?)
In addition to the mass ride t-shirt and the host of prizes for the STRAVA Time Trial, there will be a "special" (Ed: at least we are quite stoekd with it ourselves) item for all particpants. Watch out for it.
(Watch out for this …)
The FREE T-Shirts are given based on Event Page registration's first-come-first-serve. But that should not be the determinant for you to ride or not ride with us. Everybody is welcome to join us! The STRAVA Time Trial is open to all as long as they ride with us during the mass ride.
SEE YOU AT THE RIDE!
Besides the very loyal and supportive mass ride regulars, we wish to see the regular trail faces join us at our mass ride too. Break away from your usual routine and join in the fun with us. RIDE SOON!
The Singapore Bike Show (18 – 20 August 2017)
Note: STRAVA Time Trial is NOT a race. It is a casual game conducted during Bikezilla Mass Ride with no race permit, official time keeping system nor closure to any trail or road.
All photos by Bikezilla